Saturday, October 1, 2011

Hoppy Spaghetti Wheat Beer

This thread on Homebrewtalk had stuck out in my mind and I tried a batch to see how it went. I followed the mashing instruction in the thread. Basically you simmer the pasta for a hour then mash like normal with the other grains. I did a 30 minute boil with this beer as I had already brewed one beer that night and SWMBO was hurrying me out the door. I tasted the water after simmering the pasta and it had a sweet taste to it. I'm excited to see how this turns out. 


Specifics 
Batch Size: 3 gallons
Anticipated SRM: 9.1
Anticipated IBU: 23.5
Wort Boil Time: 60
Original Gravity:  1.046

Grain
 3 lbs Light DME
1.25 lbs Wheat Spaghetti
8 oz Table Sugar
1 oz Flaked Oats

Hops
1 oz Whole Leaf Cascade (5.5%) @ 30 min
.5 oz Whole Leaf Centennial (10%) @ 15 min
.5 oz Amarillo Gold Pellets (8.5%) @ 10 min
.5 oz Whole Leaf Centennial (10%) @ 5 min
.5 oz Amarillo Gold Pellets (8.5%) @ 0 min

Yeast
Safale US-05

No comments:

Post a Comment