Thursday, April 28, 2011

Milk Stout Started

This originally started as a Northern Brewer Dry Irish Stout kit and I added 1 pound of Lactose to sweeten it up. I just hope that one pound of sugar will be enough to get that sweet dessert style beer I'm hoping for.
The strong smell of coffee with a small touch of bitterness coming through from the hops filled the room during the whole boil. The wort was pitch black and had a gravity of 1.052 when the Wyeast 1056 American Ale smack pack was pitched. Within hours it was bubbling away.

-Northern Brewer Dry Irish Stout Kit
-Wyeast 1056 American Ale Yeast
-1 Lb of Lactose Sugar

This brewing session cemented the fact that I need a wort chiller before the next brew session, the old ice bath in the sink is not working well enough. I will probably DIY the wort chiller and save some money hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment